onsdag 4 oktober 2017

Halloween Newton in orange

It's time for a new Inky Paws challenge and this time it's color themed;
Definitely Halloween colors. Since I don't have any Halloween stamps, I picked one from Newton's Holiday Mischief where he's wearing a scarf, it at least looks a bit fall like *smile*.

I wanted to try out colored pencil just to test a different coloring medium. I borrowed my 5-year olds gigantic pencil set (the only one I had available) and tried it on this little cute Newton. It's very different trying to blend the different colors compared to for example watercolor. Definitely need to test it more. For Newton I used tones of orange and for his scarf black and purple. To get the white in the card I made a moon background in tones of orange with distress ink on Canson watercolor paper. I also sprayed it with some shimmer spray but unfortunately that doesn't show up in the photos... I finished it off with a black panel cut with a new Lawn Fawn die (Little town border).

The black panel is mounted on fun foam to get some dimension. The kitty is also mounted on foam tape. I finished off with a few sequins and also a little black and white bakers twine. The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn stamp set Monster Mash.

Halloween Newton in orange tones



Halloween Newton in orange tones from the side
Side view where you can see more of the dimension.


Challenge
Inky Paws Challenge #56 - Color challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything goes 

4 kommentarer:

  1. Darling card - Newton is looking good and I love your beautiful shaded sky! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    SvaraRadera
  2. COOL CARD !
    Thanks for linking up to the Inky Paws Challenge
    Diane

    SvaraRadera
  3. What a fabulous card! I love the background you created for that cute kitty. Thanks for linking up with the Inky Paws Challenge.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Oh wow! I love how you used a different color scheme for your sunset background. Not quite as spooky as your other card, but still just as cute! Thanks so much for your inspiration! Hope you will join us again on Monday for a new Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    SvaraRadera