onsdag 4 oktober 2017

Halloween Newton in purple

I wanted to make one more card for this version of the Inky Paws challenge and use more of the color purple;
I used a stamp from Newton's Holiday Mischief where he's wearing a scarf since I don't have any Halloween stamps, it at least looks a bit fall like *smile*.

I wanted to try out colored pencil just to test a different coloring medium. I borrowed my 5-year olds gigantic pencil set (the only one I had available) and tried it on this little cute Newton. For Newton I used tones of orange and brown and for his scarf black and purple. To get the white in the card I made a moon background in tones of purple with distress ink on Canson watercolor paper. I also sprayed it with some shimmer spray for a starry effect... I finished it off with a black panel cut with a new Lawn Fawn die (Little town border) where I have layed in orange glow in the windows.

The kitty is mounted on foam tape for a little dimension. I finished off with a few sequins. The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn stamp set Monster Mash.
Halloween Newton in purple tones



Halloween Newton in purple tones from the side
Side view where you see a bit of dimension.

Challenge
Inky Paws Challenge #56 - Color challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything goes


2 kommentarer:

  1. Wow, what a spooky feel! Great background and those houses really add to the Halloween feel! Thank you for playing with us at the Inky Paws Challenge this week, join us in the next one too! Hugs, Zsofi

    SvaraRadera
  2. This is such a fun card! Cute, yet very spooky! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    SvaraRadera